The Digital Skills and Jobs Coalition calls for pledges to address the surging need for digital skills and solutions in these exceptional times. With the current COVID-19 crisis, many Europeans have been thrust into conditions that demand the use of digital technologies and we are calling for organisations to pledge to support the sudden need to adopt digital skills and digital solutions.
The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic is particularly severe for SME owners, the self-employed, teachers, parents and older adults who need to find ways to continue in these challenging times which now rely on the ability to access to and use digital technologies. Never before have digital skills and the ability to be connected been so important.
The DSJC is asking organisations across Europe to step up and help provide these sorely needed digital skills by making a pledge to the Digital Skills and Jobs Coalition and sharing their initiative across Europe.
- Enable traditional SME owners to manage their businesses and move activities online (e.g. sales)
- Equip SME employees with the tools to meet their new and changing roles
- Supply teleworkers with the best tools to find their new routine
- Empower the self-employed to uncover new revenue streams
- Reduce the risk of exclusion and loneliness for older adults and other at-risk groups
- Help teachers and parents create new digital resources and utilise digital education platforms
- Create the next generation of coders and makers.
Pledges are commitments made by organisations, big and small, from the private, public and third sector, to go above and beyond the normal scope of their activities and make a direct contribution to reducing the digital skills gap Europe faces today.
New pledges will join 104 other pledges consisting of over 300 initiatives ranging from organising online workshops, providing training courses or hosting awareness events and competitions. All pledges are visible in the Pledge Viewer.